Saturday, November 13, 2010

Lady Pilot



Often I find that traveling is crucial for a refresh in creative spirit. As a business owner, I also think its good to get a feel for the current industry state, see where the gaps are, and continue to challenge yourself to offer more and raise the bar!

I recently traveled to Santa Fe, New Mexico on a solo journey. Wow. It was truly a blessing to be able to venture into such beautiful light, guided by textures and adventures with the endless sky, earth, and its people. Being there makes me hungry for artifact. So I captured as much as I could through journaling, including some sketches by a few new friends made. Here is my postcard to you!..


I'm here, it's me.
By me, with me. Um...ok.
Here I go.......
80 mph down desert highways as my car gruuunts, roars, and churns.
Sage becomes known.
Buildings recess and fade, hills and sky float. Dancing to the music blaring from within.
"Lady Pilot" by Neko Case comes on. Nice!!
"Don't look down. Not nowwww. We've got a lady pilot whose not afraid to die."
I feel my lungs dry, high up in the desert air.
And fear reveals itself.
"What if..If I were to...Where would I...and Who would...?"
Ah...I look up into the Vivid Orange and It pulls me onward, reaching for more.
My camera comes out and shadow after shadow, one simple block takes an hour to finish.
And this is the moment I realize I am so blessed to be on this special journey.
Stop..kneel...look...shoot.
One more and maybe two.
Pretty soon I am engulfed with rich shadows with sunsets gleaming off steel trains.
And there is a loneliness that I begin to savor like no other.
Light fades and its time to wander.
Maybe I'll get a sketch or two.


Whilst dining solo..new conversations and friends are made. Impromptu chats turned into sketched artifacts! A budding graphic artist inscribes his symbol. Eppie the Mailman told me he couldn't draw. I disagree.

















































































No comments:

Post a Comment