Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Morning Light...Hunting for Daybreak Texture






One winter morning, iced textures appeared on the glass outside my window. I grabbed my camera, jumped onto my deck for a study..or two. Life forms frozen in time, webs and artifacts of a spider's journey. ......6:30 am, 8:30 am, 10:30 am.

Off I go on my own journey. I felt the need to hunt and capture the light.

My very own web.

So I decided to follow instinct, to see how light travels whilst grazed against different forms. Perhaps it was all the lack of light in Seattle that drove me to embrace this fury.









Experiencing the light quickly graze and move across buildings had me in a frenzy to shoot and capture. It was this internal fire PLUS the hot coffee that kept me going. Off to my favorite spot, Elliott Bay and the Olympic Sculpture Park.




Fingers frozen but I felt so alive. I surrendered to the light. It led me. I thought I was creating my own web, following my own impulses and instincts. I write this, see these photos, recall my memory, and realize.

I am blessed to be a part of a greater whole. To use my instincts and be an active medium for creativity, that's what I can hope for.....















































































No comments:

Post a Comment