Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Making Space

My passion for glass continues to un-earth. So much that I savor both process and the space that creates the work. My art-making area must be just-so, optimal for production and energetic to the eye. Chaotic splashes of plaster and paint paired with just the right areas of space produce a well-oiled mold making machine.



Warm summer evenings of mold-making I cherish the most. Slowly ice layers and my workspace responds. Ahhh! heat....a Pacific Northwest artist's dream! I know why Seattle is molten with glass artists. We are all in search of the light and creative glow that transcends all cool grays and bright blues.




Now...time to make some molds, steam out, and FIRE!












In honor of my beloved mentor
Susan Balshor 1949 - 2013

"The world always seems brighter when you’ve just made something that wasn’t there before.” Neil Gaiman





No comments:

Post a Comment